Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ashley Doyle explains to us how she can rock out Converse to Coach while quietly dreaming that she can beat the wait list and cash necessities for a real Birkin bag

Because I am a fashion student exposed to many more trends than the average college student, it influences my purchases when I go clothes shopping or even to my neighborhood Target. My friends tease me because I have a flair for buying some pretty “ugly” items and turning them into adorable outfits. I feel most at home in a T-shirt and jeans with flats and a fitted hoody. However, that’s where the boring basics end. I love to dress up my staples with attention-grabbing accessories such as a colorful necklace, several bangles, a large man’s watch, sparkly shoes, and a statement purse, usually large enough to fit a small child.

I find that celebrities play a large part in my style influence, such as Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie, and Ashley Olsen (post-dumpster chic days, of course). I like bright scarves, chunky jewelry, and big sunglasses (and you know you like them too). I can’t be classified into one style since I like to mix it up frequently. One day I’ll wear heels and pearls but the next, I’ll wear green high-top Converse and a studded belt. I like to wear what feels comfortable and take fashion one day at a time.

My most frequent purchases are on handbags and shoes. They are two of the easiest (and sometimes expensive) ways to spruce up an outfit. I am a fiend for Coach handbags; it is really a sick addiction. I have a few major designer bags, but I adore Coach. My last purchase was a large Hobo-style with patchwork design in neutral shades. I tend to favor earthy colors, so this bag was a perfect addition to my ever-expanding wardrobe. I had to have it the second I laid eyes on it.

The bag I most covet is out of this world; a picture of perfection with a touch of rock-and-roll. I would sell my soul for a purple ostrich-skin Hermes Birkin bag, priced from $18,000.00 and up (my father would kill me and make me change majors if he knew how much bags actually cost). A person like me understands the value and status of this particular arm-candy and would probably agree that this is a better investment and will last longer than any car in that price range; it is the very definition of chic.

You must remember that fashion is not how you look but how you feel. Once you are lucky enough to own this bag (the wait list is about 5 years), I’d imagine you would feel pretty darn fabulous. Just remember to sit down and breathe when your credit card bill comes in…Cheers!!

Source: handbagdesigner101.com

No comments: